Aperçu de l’emploi
ExpérienceExpérimenté • Plus de 10 ans
Niveau d'étudesMaster 2
Type de contratCDI
Secteur d’activitéÉnergie, Environnement
Description de l'annonce
Corporate Strategy is a team of 15 people, located across the 3 hubs of Schneider Electric (Asia, Paris and Boston), reporting to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy based in Boston. It is a central global function at Schneider Electric and has 4 broad activities :
- Group strategy cycle: animate the strategy cycle for Divisions & Regions, the Executive Committee and the Board of the group with deliveries organised in Q1, Q2 and Q3; create links with the group finance cycles for resource allocation
- Strategic Intelligence: bring an outside-in view to the group by analyzing competition and performing benchmark analysis
- Portfolio optimisation: identify acquisitions & divestments, assess strategic rationale for deals and their adequacy to Group strategy, deliver synergy studies
- Ad-hoc projects: deliver strategy projects on transversal topics not naturally owned by any Division nor Region
The Corporate Strategy Director is a high-profile role with a global remit, not tied to the role location in Paris. As such, the Corporate Strategy Director is a key member of the Corporate Strategy team, actively contributes to building the global strategy of Schneider Electric, and is exposed to multiple stakeholders across the organization and various parts of the business.
Main responsibilities include:
– Act as a key content lead and project lead for strategy studies
– Driving content, questions, analysis, story-telling, organization, cadence & pace
– Working hand-in-hand with internal and external stakeholders
– Writing projects scoping for internal or external work, guides for interviews and conducting interviews
– Managing various stakeholders to deliver findings within agreed timelines
– Formulating key conclusions
– Perform research activities to obtain relevant data and define needs or problems, either with (i) other corporate strategy team members, (ii) other individuals within Divisions / Regions of Schneider Electric or (iii) external consultants or research institutes
– Oversee the formulation of hypotheses for investigation and analysis of Schneider Electric, competitors, and market data
– Apply business judgement and knowledge of Schneider Electric solutions and organization to devise feasible and actionable recommendations for profitable growth for Schneider Electric – Prepare and present written and oral reports of findings to key stakeholders inside Schneider Electric
– Develop, manage and maintain excellent relationships within Schneider Electric – at all levels of the organization
MBA + 5-7 years of total previous work experience, including some (not all) of the following : post MBA consulting experience, Corporate Strategy at other corporates, internal audit function and eventually experience within private equity or other financial institutions. Experience in Digital transformation in B2B or B2C environments is a plus. Excellent MS PowerPoint and Excel skills, and presentation writing skills are required.
Profile requirements :
- Good business acumen and judgment
- Strong analytical skills: ability to screen and quickly absorb information on various topics from multiple sources and synthesize it to make meaningful recommendations
- Fast learning capacity and curiosity for Schneider Electric’s businesses and those of competitors, new business models and disruptors
- Resourceful, tenacious and self-starter attitude
- Good interpersonal skills : open-mindedness, listening skills, ability to connect with people easily, to win buy-in for proposed recommendations, ability to liaise with counterparts from different parts of the organization, including senior executives
- Strong organization and project planning skills; structured way of working; ability to work under time pressure; Good attention to detail
- Collaborative and a team player: driven but balanced, thoughtful and passionate about success of the collective team
- Good finance literacy: understanding of a P&L and Balance Sheet
- Comfortable operating with a very strict level of confidentiality, given the types of topics covered, and the access to information provided by the role
- International, multi-cultural mind-set and approach
- Languages: fluency in spoken and written English and French is mandatory
What’s in there for you ?
Our offer includes an attractive compensation package that goes above and beyond. If you join Schneider Electric, here’s an idea of everything we can offer you to have the best possible experience:
- A competitive salary in the job market, individual bonuses, as well as profit-sharing and participation bonuses rewarding everyone’s efforts
- A range of social benefits that make life easier: Employee Representative Committees offers, a health insurance that meets all needs, well-funded savings and retirement plans, and an attractive employee share ownership program
- Professional development through training, internal mobility (local and international), skills sharing, etc.
- An integration program from your first day to give you the keys to success at Schneider Electric within a culture that promotes diversity, professional fulfillment, and inclusion
- Work-life balance thanks to our telecommuting policy (up to 48% telecommutable time, including equipment), support for parenthood, and inter-company childcare.
Life is On. Join us and make an impact!
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D